Healthy eating is an important part of staying physically and mentally fit. Of course, this can have its challenges such as finding meals, prep, time for healthy options outside the home, and using the money for nicer things. Fortunately, we can consider the benefits of cooking healthy recipes at home which also saves your money and make an overall healthy eating lifestyle, more enjoyable. Let’s see how.
Healthy recipes – Salmon Tartar With Avocado & Mango
If you want to develop your skills in the kitchen there are many cooking recipe articles and tutorials that show you different techniques and ingredients that you can incorporate into your healthy diet.
- 1 small salmon fillet (100g), cut in cubes
- ¼ avocado, cut in cubes
- ¼ cup (30g) mango, cut in cubes
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- ⅓ tsp. honey
- chili pepper, to taste
- handful coriander, chopped
- Wash and dry the salmon, then cut it into small cubes. Next cut the avocado and mango into cubes and add to the salmon.
- Mix in the lime juice, chili pepper, and coriander. Season to taste with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Set aside to chill in the fridge for at least 10 minutes, then serve with toast (not included in nutrition info).
- Preparation Time – 10 mins
- Cooking Time – 0 mins
- Serves – 1
Nutritional Intake per serving
- Calories – 282 Kcal
- Carbs – 9 (g)
- Fats – 17 (g)
- Protein – 26 (g)
- Gluten free
- Diet free
- Low Carb
Benefits of homemade healthy recipes
- It saves time– When you’re in a hurry, eating a takeaway from your local supermarket or nearby restaurant may seem like a quick fix. In fact, it is sometimes much faster to cook something at home especially when planning ahead. There are many meals that can be prepared in less than 30 minutes.
- Portion Control– Many restaurants and fast-food outlets serve larger portions than recommended. And the problem is that you can eat the food when it’s right in front of you. You can adjust the amount of food served at dinner when you eat to eliminate unnecessary temptations. Do you know these eating patterns can actually impact you daily? Know more.
- Healthy Ingredients– Many commercial foods are high in fat, salt, and sugar. When we prepare our food, we know what the ingredients are and what each one does in our food.
- Avoid food allergies and sensitivities– Preparing meals at home can be especially helpful if you or a family member has food allergies (1). You can reduce the problem of allergies because you can control them in your own kitchen.
- Bring the family together – Eating at home gives the whole family time to talk about their day. Involving your kids in food preparation is not only fun but wonderful. Also, a way to learn healthy eating habits.
- Save Money – Eating a home-cooked meal is much cheaper than eating out at a restaurant or buying processed food from the market. You pay not only your bill but also the costs of running your business. Water, lights, and staff in the building – except for the food we eat. The same goes for ready-made and frozen foods at the grocery store.
“Eating healthy, clean and nutrient-rich food fills your body with energy, nutrients, and antioxidants. Imagine your cells smiling back at you saying thanks!!”