You won’t be able to completely prevent loose skin if you’re on weight loss journey, though, there are steps you can keep your skin firm. Follow these healthy lifestyle and specific strategies to weight loss and skincare for satisfactory results.
The reason why so many people end up with loose skin after losing weight is that they go on low carbohydrate diets that will in turn dehydrate the body. If you lose weight and are dehydrated in the process you will see the scale weight go down but unfortunately, most of the weight being lost is nothing more than water weight.
Common areas people experience loosened skin consists of the:
The Elasticity of Your Skin
If you slim down too swiftly your skin’s elasticity doesn’t have adequate time to adapt to change. Your skin is composed of proteins like elastin and collagen. These 2 make up about 80% of your skin and aid in keeping it strong and flexible.
When you put on weight, your skin stretched to produce enough room for the added growth without tearing just as it happens while pregnant.
Nevertheless, gradually and with enhanced weight gain, these healthy protein fibers come to be weak and typically damaged. As such, when significant weight-loss needs elastin and collagen fibers to withdraw to their initial state, it is difficult for them to do so. And, your skin might not contract back to its smaller sized shape if weight is shed too quickly.
This lack of ability for the skin to contract or as soon as it would have, it causes an excess or droopy skin during weight loss. Commonly, the even more weight that is lost, the tougher it will be for the skin to revert back to regular.
Obesity: If you have been obese or obese for a long period of time, your skin will certainly droop after you have actually lost the fat because of damaged collagen and elastin.
Quantity of Weight You Have Lost: If you have lost just a couple of pounds (claim 2-3 pounds a week), it will not influence your skin. However, if your weight-loss is substantial (claim 6 or more pounds a week), a substantial quantity of skin will drop out.
Age: This is a crucial variable. Older skin has low levels of collagen and also hence has a tendency to loosen after weight reduction.
Sun Exposure: Long time exposure to the sun hinders the elastin as well as collagen manufacturing in your body. This might lead to loosened skin.
Poor lifestyle: Poor habits like smoking may interfere with collagen production, leading to sagging skin.
Weight Loss and skincare
1. Follow a well-rounded balanced diet. Comply with a well-balanced diet plan.
2. Follow a full-body exercise routine alternating with a split routine every 4 weeks. For example, full-body routine 4 weeks, split routine 4 weeks, full-body routine 4 weeks, and so on. Concentrate on building muscular tissue.
3. Considering you don’t have stomach ulcers and you are not on blood thinners you should also take one teaspoon of cold arctic cod liver oil once per day with your evening meal.
4. Anything you can do to increase circulation will also help. Skin brushing techniques are very good. Do a search on the internet for skin brushing to get all the info you need.
5. Deep massages are also good. Massaging loosened skin can raise blood flow and aid evokes anti-aging feedback. One study analyzed the results of skin massage together with an anti-aging skin cream. The research revealed that normal massage with a hand-operated massage device intensified the positive results of the cream. Along with massage therapy, you can likewise make use of a salt or sugar scrub to increase blood flow.
6. Do Not Rush, Go Slow. Most importantly if you are more than 75 pounds overweight DO NOT try to lose weight too fast. The more you weigh the easier it will be to lose weight, so ease into it slowly so you only lose about 3 pounds per week. Doing this will prevent sagging skin. If you lose weight too fast you will end up with loose skin 90% of the time.
7. Use skin firming creams raise the spreading, maturation, makeover of skin cells.
8. As I stated above one key to increasing the elasticity of your skin is to keep your body well hydrated. Yes, drinking water will do this. The average person needs at least ½ an ounce of water per pound of body weight. Possibly more depending on the type of exercise, you do on a daily basis.
Must read – Drinking more water helps in weight loss
Considering you don’t have an excessive amount of loose skin already it is possible to lose weight and keep your skin firm in the process. The idea is to keep your body well hydrated day in and day out. Never ever let you become dehydrated.
9. As an option, you can also take a supplement called collagen. Consult with a doctor regarding any treatment to increase the elasticity of the skin if you feel like.
If you are losing 2-3 pounds per week you are doing great. If you are losing 4-6 pounds you are pushing the limit. Any more than 6 pounds per week and you are sure to end up with loose skin after losing the weight because chances are you are restricting too many carbohydrates from your diet. Cutting out refined flours/bread and sugars will yield the best results.
Also, instead of getting on the scale every week to measure your progress go more by how your clothes are fitting. Try on the tightest pair of pants you have and then follow my program for 4 weeks and then try them on again. After 4 weeks those tight-fitting pants will be a thing of the past.
Drink plenty of water throughout the day and never ever totally eliminate your carbohydrate intake. From my experience, most people who have lost weight too fast by eliminating their carbohydrates ended up with a lot of excess skin afterward.
The whole idea is to lose weight to get healthier and of course to look better with your clothes ON and with your clothes OFF (1).
Above all, take care of your skin on a daily basis. Pamper it with hot baths with minerals and sea salts. Limit your exposure to chlorinated water and sulfates in soaps and body washes to keep your skin healthy.