God has gifted every human an exceptional physique. Moreover, we have offered better of all the features but with age and our lifestyle, it changes. Some people turn skinny and some gain weight. There are various factors responsible for it, prominently our diet or lifestyle and blind eye to morning habits.
Must read Why excess fat is dangerous to health?
Not all kinds of fat are bad. Everyone carries some fat and especially belly fat but a particular kind of it triggers a risk. Let us see where this extra fat actually accumulated and what kind of it triggers a weight gain risk.
Regions victimized by excessive fat
- Stomach: Men are more inclined to store fat in this region than women. Fat of this nature store deep in the abdomen and called as a visceral fat. This fat alone can be responsible for heart diseases, stroke, type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure.
- Chest: Pectoral muscles found in the chest of both men and women. But, if men do not exercise then fat get stored in this region and excess flesh occurred in this area is described as man boobs, mobs or man breasts.
- Hips, butts, and thighs: Fats in these areas are mostly the problem in women. Stored fat in this region is named as subcutaneous fat and this lies directly in the skin.
- Calves: The calves are the portion right below the knees on the back of the legs. Many a time this fat is ignored or not visible. It is referred to as Cankles, fat by the calves and ankles.
- Underarms: This region built up of three-part muscle called the triceps. If you do not give it a whirl then fat may get stored in the armpit area.
- Back: This region is found occupied by both genders. In women, the upper back area is often referred as bra overhang.
- Sides: Fat also accumulates insides of waste.
Ways to get rid of extra fat
All nutrients in moderate or essential amounts are good for health but if surplus then troublesome. Similarly, the fat, one of the buzz issues around the globe. Extra fat does not only embarrass people but proportionally is life-threatening.
1. Avoid sugar and sugar-sweetened drinks
Foods which contain sugar such as soda, sweetened tea, and coffee in all sugary beverages are responsible to produce visceral fat. Because sugar is nothing but the amalgamation of glucose and fructose and if fructose gets overloaded liver forces to turn it into fat.
2. Try to consume more protein
If you will ever decide to lose weight then first monitor your protein intake. It helps to lose weight as well avoid regaining. Foods rich in protein are eggs, fish, seafood, legumes, nuts, meat and dairy products. These are the best protein sources in the diet.
Excess of protein which absorbed from meat or meat products stored as a belly fat and causes inflammation and digestion problems
3. Reduce carbohydrates intake
Sugars, white bread, refined grains, candy, etc are simple carbohydrates high in calories. Hence, it is advised to eat complex carbohydrates such as whole grains, fruits, and vegetables.
4. Eat foods rich in fiber
To get more fiber, eat a lot of plant foods like vegetables and fruit. Legumes are a good source of fibers and some cereals like whole oats. Veggies are rich in dietary fiber which helps you keep your metabolism in control and digestive system salubrious.
5. Exercise or yoga
Crunches are strictly not advised since they would make your stomach thicker and one spot fat reduction is not possible although. Better you focus on burning calories by hanging exercises, they will keep your stomach tight. Along with this, you can do exercises like walking, running, dancing, swimming, or anything that will rate up your heart. These will help you not only to reduce belly fat but the other metabolic abnormalities linked with excess stomach fat.
If you do not prefer these exercises simply switch to yoga. It will lower the levels of the stress hormone Cortisol, which one of those responsible for belly fat.
6. Avoid lack or excess of sleep
Lack of sleep may turn you ill since it enforces your body to overproduce the appetite-stimulating hormone Ghrelin and under-produces Leptin which inform you about your food need. If you still stay up at night and wake up late, avoid unnecessary snacking.
7. Eat dark chocolate
Flavonoids content in dark chocolate plays a major role to lose your belly fat. So, it is advised to eat dark chocolate in dessert but a surfeit of it may go contrary. Eat couple pieces a day.
8. Eat unsaturated fats
Trans fats and saturated fats are not good for heart health. Unsaturated fats are always advised over them since they help you to ward off visceral fat and other referred health conditions. Eat nuts, seeds, and fish for good fats.
9. Green tea
It contains the antioxidants Catechins, which are known to lose weight or abdominal fat. But it is advised to take less than 625 mg dose a day.
10. Right posture
Yes, posture makes a big difference in our body shape. Good posture while at work on your desk, walking, or wherever is possible in your routine you have to maintain posture. It plays a key role to tone up your figure.
11. Turmeric in spices burns extra calories
It is prominent for its medicinal use. Turmeric helps in your digestion and fight off cancer and heart attack like a disease. Since, it burns extra calories, considered one of the remedies to trim belly fat.
Recommended read 7 everyday ways to burn 100 calories
To see your extra fat melting off, above are the solutions. Simply monitor your diet, add exercise to your routine and give your body soundness. Do not eat for savor, eat for health’s favor.